Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Any ideas for a princess costume? Please read.?

Okay... I need a princess costume. I am 13 years old so no little girls stuff. I want it to be absolutly beautiful, not cute but beautiful. I also, want to do my own hair, buy a tiara/crown, a long flowing dress, earrings ect. I dont want to buy a costume I want to be dressed up from head to toe, inside and out so that I can look beautiful. It has to be special because this might be my last dress up haloween. No dead things. I need a dress that is beautiful (I was thinking light blue, gold, pink. I have tan/olive colored skin so the color needs to look good on me) but no totally expensive, and fast shipping under 50 bux. I need hair ideas, under the dress ideas (like old school underwear, i think that would be SUPER CUTE) I need a gorge crown/tiara (like a wedding/prom thing) and yeah, just give me the links to all the things. And tell me how you would do it if you wanted to do my idea.



Any ideas for a princess costume? Please read.?

I would go to my local thrift shops and goodwill. You can find used prom/wedding dresses to use that will be much less expensive than buying anything new, and probably cheaper than ebay too. And best thing is- no shipping. A place like Clare's (the cheap jewelery store most malls have) will have inexpensive tiara's and costume jewelry, and gloves. also Ross might have some dresses or shoes that are fancy enough but cheaply priced.



Any ideas for a princess costume? Please read.?

Go to http://www.simplicity.com and pick out a pattern. Andrea Schewe makes great Renaissance patterns for dresses, and I think there are even "old school" underwear patterns available.



Remember, purple is royal color, and I think it would compliment your skin tone.



Look up portraits of royalty and nobles done in the Renaissance for hair ideas.



Any ideas for a princess costume? Please read.?

Hi! A great place to find good Princess gear is at vintage or thrift store- There are tons of party dresses from the 50's out there and I am sure you will find something beautiful. Lots of petticoats and chiffon. Check out the jewlery and accessories -I wear vintage all the time--You might even look at vintage nightgowns-they were incredibly intricate back then....Happy Halloween--Princess--My birthday is on Halloween-so if this helps at all-wish me a happy birthday while you are out in your princess gear. Lily



Any ideas for a princess costume? Please read.?

Your skin tone would look good in Yellow. Just a thought. Plus it would make you stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment